Tail Spend Management Services
STATUS - In Development
REFERENCE - NEPO534
NEPO is seeking to establish a Solution in relation to the supply of Tail Spend Management "NEPO534". From stakeholder and soft market engagement, NEPO have identified the need for a Solution to control and manage spend that is below UK Public Procurement thresholds.
NEPO understands that low value, high volume spend presents many challenges for public sector organisations such as missed commercial benefits, non-compliant spending, increased maverick buying and high associated administration costs.
It is envisaged that the resulting Solution will be a fully managed service for the purchase and management of tail spend across goods and services. The service will be used to enhance tail spend management by utilising improved commercial agreements, reducing administration burdens for procurement and accounts payable teams and consolidating supplier relationship management through the use of eProcurement technology and managed service support.
The Tail Spend Management Solution will aim to:
- Provide a reduction in costs associated with managing tail spend
- Enhance commercial agreements with supply chains
- Improve process efficiencies such as P2P and invoice processing
- Rationalise supply chain and attributed risk
- Increased engagement and awareness throughout the Contracting Authority of improved procurement processes and systems
- Strengthen overall procurement process visibility
- Remind non-procurement stakeholders to understand their responsibilities concerning local buying policies
- Reduce workload for procurement and accounts payable teams when handling and paying invoices
It is anticipated that the new solution will be in place by April 2024 and will be available for use by public sector organisations across the UK.
Notes on procurement process. The indicative timescales are as follows:
- Market consultation: August 2023
- Invitation to Tender (ITT) issued: November 2023
- Solution start date: March 2024
Suppliers are encouraged to register on Open to receive email notifications of developments and opportunities regarding this solution.
START DATE TBC
CURRENT END DATE TBC
FINAL END DATE SUBJECT TO EXTENSION(S) TBC
CONTRACT AWARD NOTICE TBC
SUPPLIERS Suppliers added throughout term - list available on request
AVAILABLE FOR USE BY All Associate Members/Member Authorities
Procurement Coordinator - Corporate Services & ICT
Other Construction Solutions